Hi guys and welcome to this guide on how to Flash Motorola Firmware File.
Today, we can learn how we can easily flash Motorola firmware file and stock rom using some available methods.
When I say methods, it means there is not just one way you can flash Motorola Firmware File if that is what you wish.
The reason for that is that there are some firmware files that are full rom while some are not.
The ones that are not are normally firmware updates and those one can’t be flashed with software.
You can use tools like the RSD Lite to flash full firmware file on any Motorola phone.
In this post, we will discuss how you can repair and Flash Motorola Firmware File on any of your Motorola smartphones.
Without wasting much time, let the flashing begin.
Before I proceed to the main thing, it’s always better to note that there are requirements to Flash Motorola Firmware File.
If you miss any of the requirements, you might experience issues getting things done.
Well, the requirements we are talking about are below.
- Motorola USB Driver Download
- A Windows PC.
- An ADB fastboot drivers.
- A working USB cord
- The RSD Lite Tool Download
- Fastboot Tools
- Little brain
After compiling the requirements, then proceed to the big thing.
There are few steps in flashing stock firmware to Motorola smartphone, I am going to take them one after the other.
Before anything else, make sure you properly install the Motorola USB drivers to your PC.
Flash firmware to Motorola phones using mFastboot.
- This method is normally used when the firmware file extension ends in .xml.zip
- The first thing to do to download mfastboot flash file to your PC.
- Install the Motorola device driver to your PC.
- Put the extracted mFastboot and the Motorola firmware files to the same folder.
- Power down your phone and reboot it to bootloader mode.
- You can use the code adb reboot-bootloader to boot your phone to the bootloader.
- Inside the mfastboot folder, open the adb file and input the command line below.
- If unable to launch, make sure you install adb drivers on your PC.
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img mfastboot flash logo logo.bin mfastboot flash boot boot.img mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk1 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk2 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk3 mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin mfastboot erase modemst1 mfastboot erase modemst2 mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn mfastboot erase cache mfastboot erase userdata mfastboot reboot
- The system.img_sparsechunks line may differ in some firmware.
- Check the firmware folder for details.
- When you enter the last command, your phone will reboot.
- Make sure not to miss any line of the code, the first booting takes time.
You can read more about this method by going to this XDA Forum discussion page.
Please read page to page if you experience any problem to see solutions from others.
Another method you can use to flash your Motorola firmware is by the official Motorola RSD Lite.
Some Motorola firmware will need you to flash the firmware using Motorola RSD Lite, use the method below to do that.
Flash Motorola firmware using Motorola RSD Lite
- Download Motorola RSD Lite and extract it to your PC.
- Launch the software.
- Power down your phone and boot it to fastboot mode.
- Connect your Motorola phone using a USB cord.
- Once connected, your Motorola model will appear.
- Click the three-dot by filename to select the firmware you wish to install.
- Click Start to begin the installation.
- Wait for the installation to finish in some minutes.
- Enjoy the new firmware.
If you experience any issue making use of the methods on how Flash Motorola Firmware File, comment below.